For nearly 40 years Bob Kilgore has helped employers throughout Texas who have been accused of wrongdoing by their employees or various governmental agencies.
This includes federal and state court litigation and administrative proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, United States Department of Labor (DOL), and Texas Workforce Commission.
He serves as lead counsel in traditional discrimination litigation as well as benefits (ERISA), compensation (FLSA), and non-compete/trade secret litigation. Bob also advises and represents management in labor relations, including negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements and union avoidance strategies.
As part of his claims avoidance counseling services, Bob has developed and conducted numerous pro-active management and supervisor training seminars, as well as audited company pay practices, policies, procedures, and handbooks.
In addition, Bob is a certified mediator, limiting this part of his practice to employment-related matters.
Bob is “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in Texas Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America since 2014. He was named “Lawyer of the Year” for 2020 by Best Lawyers in the San Antonio Labor Law – Management practice area.
Honors, Activities, & Memberships
- Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas (Member, Litigation and Labor & Employment Sections)
- San Antonio Bar Association (Member, Federal Courts Committee; Chair, “Trial of Santa Claus” Committee)
- Associated Builders & Contractors (South Texas Chapter Attorney)
- San Antonio Manufacturers Association (Chair, Government Affairs Committee)
Education & Admissions
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., 1979
- Texas, 1982
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of Texas