David joined Gardner Law in 1996 after serving as a United States Air Force JAG officer, in addition to six years of private practice with another Texas firm.
David represents industries, businesses and government units on matters involving federal, state and local government contract litigation and administrative hearings involving bid/award protests, bid preparation, size and preference status issues, claims for cost recovery, and audits for business management. He has successfully litigated a constitutional challenge to the federal procurement program statute.
He also represents industries, businesses and government units on matters involving water and wastewater, regulatory air compliance, solid and hazardous waste, toxins, wetlands, endangered species, historic preservation, NEPA, and Superfund issues in federal, state and local court litigation and administrative challenges.
He practices in the area of general commercial litigation, and provides legal counseling regarding business disputes.
He has taught courses in criminal law, litigation, administration of justice and environmental crimes at several universities throughout the United States, and he has been a guest speaker at environmental law, government contract and construction law seminars.
Honors, Activities, & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- The Texas Bar College
- San Antonio Manufacturers Association, Alamo Area Chapter–Ex Officio Director
- Texas Air Conditioning Contractors Association, Greater San Antonio Chapter–Board Member
- American Production and Inventory Control Society, San Antonio Chapter
- San Antonio Bar Association, Environmental Section
- State Bar of Texas Environmental & Natural Resources Section
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Mountain States Legal Foundation, Board of Litigation
- Member, Board of Directors, Green Spaces Alliance
Education & Admissions
- University of Arkansas, J.D., 1975
- University of Missouri at Columbia, B.A., 1967
- Texas, 1991
- Arkansas, 1976
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals
- Numerous United States District Courts and Circuit Courts of Appeals